1. I find the older I get, the more I appreciate a nice-fitting pair of slacks. As a kid, Dockers were about the worst Christmas present ever, but now I'm disappointed if I don't get some nice clothes for the holiday.
2. I'm learning to speak Spanish to impress this girl I like. I think it's working.
3. It has been 195 days since I've had even a drop of alcohol to drink.
4. In just about that same timeframe, I've lost over 45 pounds.
5. Like my friend Beth said, I almost think life would be easier if I gained 10 pounds and maintained that weight. I'm getting to the point where nothing fits, and if my waist gets any smaller I'm gonna be shopping in the boys section again...
6. I believe that not drinking has actually made me a better pool player, and maybe a better dancer. I'm a more consistent shooter, and self-aware enough to try and stay on the beat, rather than saying "F-it" and trying to do my best (worst) Soul Train dancer impression.
7. I voted for Barack Obama because frankly I didn't think there was any possible way he could be a worse president than Bush II. That and Sarah Palin scares the bejesus out of me.
8. I really want to start a blog devoted to weird crime-related news. Then I remember that Crime Scene KC already exists, and is damn good to boot...
9. My favorite movies in no particular order are: Friday, Crumb, Blazing Saddles, The Big Lebowski, and Dr. Strangelove.
10. I have a man-crush on Michael Keaton. Definitely one of the most underrated actors in the history of Hollywood.
11. I like it when a girl knows who H. John Benjamin is. And Danny Elfman. Or at least when a girl seems duly impressed by my "ability" to regurgitate useless info on command.
12. Favorite foods, again in no particular order: Seafood, Italian, Thai, Mexican, and anything on the grill.
13. I consider myself fairly liberal politically, but I have a great affinity for guns. Always have. Love to go target shooting by myself or with friends. Not to crazy about hunting, unless you're going to eat what you kill. Game meat is delicious!
14. I feel like I'm blessed to have a lot of good friends, even if I don't get to see them or talk to them everyday.
15. I love to eat super-spicy foods, because I believe they are good for my sinuses. Anybody that's seen my nose in person knows I got some big sinuses.
16. I work out about four or five days a week now. It's a confidence booster.
17. I love my job, even though there are a lot of little things that piss me off about it (like the pay at times, the lack of efficient technology, the old-ass computers that can't load my Facebook page). But there's nothing else I'd rather be doing with my life right now.
18. I think I want to transition to teaching in 10-15 years.
19. If I lose my job in the next 6-12 months, I'm going to join the military. I need the help with my student loan debt anyway.
20. I have a really awesome story coming out in tomorrow's paper. Y'all should check it out online: www.joplinglobe.com.
21. I started smoking again last June. I'm planning to quit this summer... if it doesn't kill me first.
22. People tell me I cuss too much. I tell them "What's the big fucking deal?"
23. If I ever have a son, I'd like to name him Hunter Harold, for Hunter S. Thompson, and my grandpa Harold. If I have a daughter, I'd like to name her Olivia Marie, for Olivia de Haviland and my momma.
24. I don't watch TV anymore. I wait for everything to come out on DVD.
25. My favorite words in the English language are: Tatterdemalion, Sasquatch, Fiduciary, Fecund, and Kumquat.